Interview with Vilmantas Ladyga, the Commercial Director of UAB 3pl Logistics, Lithuania
Vilmantas Ladyga, UAB 3p logistics
1. Why have you decided to join DCC?Firstly because we I’m working in a Danish company. But mainly because I like Danish culture and Scandinavian way of doing business. So DCC helps me to learn a lot about this during networking with Danish companies in Lithuania.
2. What benefits have you received from DCC?Personally I have gained a lot of experience from many people I met in DCC and also met a lot of nice and interesting people and made a lot of good friends.
Company wise we have gained visibility, support and promotion.
3. What was your market entry strategy to Lithuania?We decided to go to Lithuanian market with a quality product and personal care. We put a piece of our hearts into anything we do daily and this is very much appreciated and welcomed by our customers. We also tried to explain people/customers that it can be very expensive to choose the cheapest. Even it is a longer path, but we see that it was worth to go, because you make better knots with customers.
Shortly: we do not want to be the biggest, but we want to be the best.
4. How do you build new, lasting business relationship?Make friends. I think this is best way to go for long lasting relationship in business as well. Of course you get extra responsibility with this, because none of us wants to disappoint friends, but if You have good product in whom You trust it is not hard to do then.
5. Any advices entering Lithuania's market?I think most important is to be different (the way we act, the way we work, the way sell and etc. --> everywhere). There is so many companies around offering same or similar things, so we need to be different if we want to be recognized and remembered in the market.
Also make a good plan and focus on the plan only, don’t look around, but just forward. As I like to say if you hit the wall too many times it will fall apart, so be stubborn and patient.